Crossrail Contract C610 Systemwide Fit Out – Tunnel Ventilation System
Completion August 2019
Project Value £25m GBP (Approx)
This contract was awarded to the ATC joint venture, consisting of Alstom, TSO and Costain, works included the fit out and commission the Crossrail tunnels bored under the streets of London.
The ATC jv contract is worth over £900 million, and is one of the largest that Crossrail has awarded. The works consisted of the joint venture fitting out the 21 km of twin tunnels that stretch under London with the track and power equipment necessary for Crossrail trains to operate from 2019.
ATC have installed over 40km of track, together with rigid overhead conductors, a system that is being used for the first time in the UK to power heavy mainline trains through tunnels.
The fit-out works will also require over 50,000 cubic meters of concrete delivered by a unique ‘concrete train’, as well as the installation of 48 ventilation fans, 40km of walkways, 66 drainage pumps, 40km of fire mains, and lighting throughout the entire length.
The fit-out works have been carried out within the entire tunneled section of the Crossrail route between Royal Oak, Pudding Mill Lane and Plumstead Portals.
Naboh Cost Engineering have been contracted to manage approximately £25m worth of work in the Tunnel Ventilation System (TVS).
* M&E Quantity Surveying and Estimating Services (London)
KEY FEATURES :
TVS (Tunnel Ventilation System) – C610.
Naboh Cost Engineering Ltd have responsibility for a section of Tunnel Ventilation System install specialising in:
- Structural steel work installation,
- Tunnel ventilation system installation,
- Pressure doors installation.
- Various scaffolding subcontractors.
- The Works are spread across several locations (stations) to include Liverpool Street, Whitechapel, Tottenham Court Road, Woolwich, Stepney Green, Paddington and Eleanor Street.
- Naboh Cost Engineering Ltd responsibilities’ include day to day commercial management of the above mentioned subcontract packages, contract administration (NEC 3 Option A), agreeing and implementing change (CI’s, NCE’s, Prelim extensions, rate renegotiation) , monthly financial reporting (liabilities and CVRs) and monthly valuations and payments.